Saturday, August 6, 2011

A new day :)

Oh my, what a wonderful day it has been for me. :0)  I woke up with very little pain today.  I have noticed some differences today for sure.  I have less shoulder pain, more energy, less nausea, all kinds of goodness.  Now the key is to figure out why.  First off, I took vitamins yesterday for the first time in a long time.  I take Nutrilite Vitamins, which are proven to break down in the body so you absorb the most nutrients possible.  I sell them as well, because I know they work.  I love them.

I have a hard time sticking to a strict plan, and go through phases where I do something for a month and then just stop.  It takes 28 days to make something a habit, or so they say, but sometimes that rule does not apply to me.  I am determined to make these things stick!  The vitamins, the Colostrum (which I did take today), the exercise, the de-stressing at night.  All of it...  *Side note, my knuckles already hurt from typing.

My nausea was less today.  I didn't take a Phenrgyn.  Forgot to mention that I take that daily as well as needed for nausea.  So far I have taken today:  1 Citalopram, 2 Opana, 2 Opana ER, 4 Lorazepam, 1 Naproxen (I think), 0 Temazepam, 0 Phenrgyn.  No vitamins, 1 scoop of Colostrum, 2 pudding snacks, 1 piece of pizza, 1 mini Snickers bar, 1 Kind Apricot/Macadamia granola bar, coffee w/vanilla rice milk (lately I've been drinking the bad-for-you flavored creamers), cherries and water.  I think that's about it.  However, I'm getting my middle of the night craving so must go raid the fridge/cabinets for a healthy snack.  Maybe even a small salad or something like that.  No junk or sweets though.  Yay!  Step 1!

Assessment:  I didn't put any food in my system until around 3:30, when I had a cup of pudding and added Colostrum to that.  Then I ate a granola bar at 5PM and had a piece of pizza and the rest of my snacks at 6PM or 6:30.  I noticed, that since I didn't eat today (until 5PM), I seemed to actually feel a lot better in general!  I know it's a bad idea to wait that long to eat, but I was very busy and just wasn't hungry.

My day started at around 8AM after falling asleep at 2PM last night.  I would have been asleep by 1:30 if I had allowed it, but I was really wanting to read so like a bad girl, I forced myself to stay up and read and eat snacks (which I shouldn't done).  I should've listened to my body and allowed myself to fall asleep when it wanted to and I would have saved my self the snack binge eating that followed.  I have started a habit that I feel I must eat something before I fall asleep or I can't seem to feel rested enough.  Bad, bad habit, I'm sure, so now it's time to recondition that behavior. *Side note - right knee is currently throbbing, developing hunger and nausea.

I slept after I woke up briefly (at 8 AM) until around10.  I had a gal coming by at 1 to start helping me with some of my projects that are eating away at my time to get my businesses off the ground and running so I need some help.  Things went wonderfully and I am super happy!  I know this is going to be a huge stress reliever and my life will be able to, more smoothly, go in the direction I am wanting.  Yay!  Back to the day... I woke up around 10 and lied around til 10:30.  Got up to take care of the dogs, went downstairs to get my coffee and chatted on the phone with a gf til 12!!!  I realized that I had to go to get ready and I actually took a shower, shaved, dressed up real cute like and even put on makeup!  I was ready for the interview at 1.  Then I worked with her until 4:30 and decided I was quite exhausted.  That was quite a bit of straight work for me and I didn't want to throw my body all out so I decided it was time to go rest for a while.

I lied down, chatted with my hubs when he came home and then fell asleep for a long nap at around 7:30 PM or so.  Slept til 12:00, chatted some more with the hubs and now I'm up doing my journal.  I had forgotten to do it and I really felt I needed to not skip today because every day is going to be important since I plan on recovering from this illness.  I have to account for every single day so I can figure out what is triggering these symptoms in my body and if I skip just one day, I might miss the key!  So here I am. :0)  Holding myself accountable and looking forward to a brighter, pain free future.  I'm on my way.  I swear I am!

Another stresser that is about to be lessened in my life is, I got a hold of a dog trainer (finally) today and I think he can really help.  I'm looking forward to him coming out to give us a consultation and tell me what he thinks can be done with the dogs behavioral and aggression issues.  He will also be helping us to introduce Bella and he will give me a true answer on whether or not he thinks we'll be able to have her.  We will be getting a second opinion, of course, but this is a start and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.



I want to be in bed by 2 and it's 1:40.  Gonna grab some healthy snacks, then come back up and lie down and read if I can't sleep.  No TV for me or electronics.  It's been three days since I've had the TV on at night. Progress is being made.  Let's see how differently I feel.  I will say, my quality of rest was much better last night than it has been in a while and that was unmedicated (with sleeping pills, I mean) so this "new" system seems to be helping.  I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. :0)  Thanks for sharing my journey with me (to those of you who are).

Goodnight world,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment